Friday, June 22, 2012

Teaching History

Last weekend I had the amazing opportunity to go to the local national cemetery to take pictures of the graves of the loved ones of those who requested it.  I was excited to go, but I didn't think it would touch and move me as much as it did.  To make it even more special, I took my two girls (and my mom) with me and was able to give them a little history lesson.  They got involved with helping me find the graves and felt like they were doing the biggest service helping someone else.  Words cannot describe all the feelings that were going through me that day.  To make it even more heartfelt, I come from a strong military family and I was surrounded by those who fought and and many who died for our wonderful country. I felt blessed to have had the honor to take pictures of the graves that I did and I look forward to taking my children on the next adventure there.


I encourage you all to check out www.findagrave.com if you are interested in doing the same thing.  It means a lot to many people and you will take something away with you in return.




No comments:

Post a Comment